Focusing on the relationships between voice and movement, participants will have the chance to explore the various ways with which these elements interact: vocalisation leading to movement, movement into vocalisation, the combining of voice and movement as well as the musicality of the voice itself.
The training process includes work on:
- voice in relationship to movement
- freeing the voice from physical tensions and blockages
- exploration of the movement of sound
- training simultaneity of voice and movement
- text and sub-text in regards to voice and movement
- creation of performative material through physical and vocal improvisations
Through games, improvisations and choreographic techniques which aim towards exploring and freeing the creative process, the facilitator(s) encourage the participants to befriend, listen and trust their voice and physicality.
in collaboration with Eilon Morris (eilonmorris.com)
Diagonal Dance School
Stratigou Kallari 4